Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking last night what I have learnt about the TdF this year this forum. Please add to this list:

1. Some people like Cadel Evans, some people dislike Cadel Evans, in the same way some people like smooth peanut butter or crunchy peanut butter.

2. Professional and amateur riders alike enjoy a cold coke after a hard ride. Some prefer Kosher for Passover coke, especially the Jewish riders in the Pro Peleton during the Spring Classics.

3. Team cars should be automatic, yet they are manual. Only men with inferior sexual performances and manhoods drive automatic transmissions. Some European men wear briefs, others wear boxers. Few wear socks with shoes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I learned that none of the stage winners or jersey wearers to try Frenching the podium girls, instead of doing cheek-to-cheek kisses.

I also learned that even though a lot of crazy fans will get in your way on a climb, a few will also help you back up once you've fallen off a cliff.

I also also learned that Tom Boonen is dating a 16yo girl. He's my new hero.

·
Dopers ruin sport
508 Posts
I learned that cadel could not win the tour...........

I also learned how many good young pro there are that have a chance to win the tour (Andy Shleck if he can improve his TT)

And Tom Boonen is a crack head that lost the little respect I had for him.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
I dunno. Bernard Kohl maybe. I was aware of him (unlike Lance), but I didn't know he could ride up hill like that. While we're on Gerolsteiner, Shumacher's TT performances were rather surprising. If he has that sort of form for the next month or so, he's going to have a gold medal and the arc en ciel.

Not so surprising ..everyone knew Andy Schleck has talent, same with Roman Kruezinger. They have had good results prior to the Tour. Remy di Gregorio has been talked about for two years now as a great climber, yet he is out the back when it matters.

Would I be crazy for thinking that as "exciting" as the Tour was, there wasn't really any huge revelations. (Like when Andy S finished 2nd in the Giro)

·
Registered
638 Posts
I learned that Saab tried to take credit for the turbo and I now sneer at them whenever I see one on the road. I learned that andy schleck is going to be great and that CSC is simply an awesome team. I also found out that sastre can ride a hell of a TT when he has to. I also learned that VDV coughs alot and now that I found out that Tom Boonen is dating a 16 year old he is also my new hero, despite the coke issue.

·
my un-natural talents...
26 Posts
I learned that the future looks very bright (A. Schleck, Kohl, etc.) Not that I didn't enjoy Sastre's win.

And... Robbie McEwen also thinks Cadel is a whiny beeyotch!

Not to mention that, I learned that Saab takes energy from exhaust and recycles it

D.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
roadie92 said:
And Tom Boonen is a crack head that lost the little respect I had for him.
I don't get all the Boonen bashing. The guy was using some recreational coke and got busted. Probably went out with some friends and had a few bumps. Bad decision? Definitely, but does that make him anything close to a "crack head?" No. That's like saying having a few beers makes one an alcoholic.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I learned that the guys and gals on RBR.com in the TDF forum are more than willing to answer questions, debate, whine, joke (which made me laugh) and for the most part actually come away as a bunch(peloton) of pretty nice people that were willing to voice their opinions in a fairly mature manner and for that I thank you all. :thumbsup:
I also learned that I'm going to really really really miss Phil and Paul and I dread not seeing them live for a whole year!! :cryin:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.