Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Who cares, its a piece of crap

Votes: 8 15.4%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you actually been to any cyclocross races...they're probably the second most common bike behind the Kona

At least in this neck of the woods (NW)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well...most common steel at least

lithuania said:
can you not see redlines or something?
I guess I missed them since they have zero appeal to me (unless they start making a steel crosser). Your right though, there are a lot of Redlines

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
Not to be pill or anything but a) Kona's are not steel and b) Being the most popular production steel complete CX bike is not much of an accomplishment (and I still see and hear about way more Crosschecks). Juss' sayin'.

I've don't think I have seen more than two Poprads in the wild. And they both belong to the same guy. And he is a Trek dealer. And his A bike is a Felt.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes...Kona is not steel...but they are hard to miss under such studs as Trebon, Wicks, "Caveman" Tonkin, Dale Knappe, and his very attractive (and former national champ) wife Ann.

The only Redline I ever really noticed was Mark Gullickson's Ti Conquest Pro

Pretty sure the Poprad scored a few wins under Tim Johnson and the McCormick brothers during their Team Saturn cyclocross days.

·
Registered
150 Posts
kona

hayduke1972 said:
Yes...Kona is not steel...but they are hard to miss under such studs as Trebon, Wicks, "Caveman" Tonkin, Dale Knappe, and his very attractive (and former national champ) wife Ann.
I thought the Kona's the Twin Towers rode were custom-made sizes not included in the normal range. If that's true, who knows what resemblance those bikes had to normal production models...

anyone know the real story??

·
You call that running?
262 Posts
hayduke1972 said:

The only Redline I ever really noticed was Mark Gullickson's Ti Conquest Pro

Pretty sure the Poprad scored a few wins under Tim Johnson and the McCormick brothers during their Team Saturn cyclocross days.
The "Thorne" frames that Team Cyclocrossworld.com was on prior to last year appeared to be Redlines with different paint. Redline has for many years sponsored a cyclocross team that at least here in Washington is a force in the Mens, Womens and Master A's. They may not be your thing, but they're out there and there are plenty of fast people racing on them.

And you spelled Knapp and McCormack wrong.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Sundance Kid said:
And you spelled Knapp and McCormack wrong.
Took the spelling Knappe strait from the Kona Website...so KONA spelled it wrong.

I'll take responsibility for the mis-spelling of McCormack though:thumbsup:

·
You call that running?
262 Posts
hayduke1972 said:
Took the spelling Knappe strait from the Kona Website...so KONA spelled it wrong.

I'll take responsibility for the mis-spelling of McCormack though:thumbsup:
Yeah, they've got it as Dale Knapp and Ann Knappe. Maybe they were going for male and female nouns like in french. Is Ann falls asleep during the day, is she taking a nappe instead of a nap?

Can't blame you if Kona can't spell. I hear the new Jak the Snak looks [email protected]!

A propos of nothing Ann and Dale totally rock. They are the heart and soul of the Seattle cyclocross scene.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have enjoyed watching those two race for many years when they make it down to PDX races as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.