Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Burning Fists of Love
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, while conducting an interview, I ask: Hey, what is a significant work accomplishment you would like to dfiscuss? This is for an entry level position.

The reply: I once did not urinate for 72 hours because I was on a solo assignment and I did not waste any time in the restroom no sir.......

I was inmdeed impressed by this level of dedication and stated: Bravo, we will call you back when we have a final word on this job slot. Oh man

So, what would you do?

·
Burning Fists of Love
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok

KenB said:
Was the candidate qualified for the job?
You would hire a person who considered this a sinificant accomplishment? WHAT JOB would a person work where BRAGGING about this would be an asset?

·
Burning Fists of Love
6,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok

Henry Porter said:
Ask him/her if they were avoiding a drug test.
Dont you think I suspected the man was on drugs as he considered this an accomplishment, to be proud of?

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
I recommend a good urologist to find out why he or she didn't process urine for 72 hours.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
I'd think he was stupid. It's not healthy to go that long without. He could get a serious infection, or even worse.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
ttug said:
Dont you think I suspected the man was on drugs as he considered this an accomplishment, to be proud of?
well i'm impressed. dude worked for 72hours straight without taking a leak. must be a meth addict or something.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
I admire him for coming up with a non-standard answer, but I think he's lying. You might want to check this with your neighborhood urologist, but my recollection is that it's impossible to go that long. I know my limit is about six hours, and i'm one of the finest, most dedicated individuals I know.

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
lets_ride said:
Is retaining urine part of the job description?
it's a new workplace standard to weed out all those slackers who need "breaks", times are tough, you gotta' sort some how.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
ttug said:
You would hire a person who considered this a sinificant accomplishment? WHAT JOB would a person work where BRAGGING about this would be an asset?

If it's true, it IS a significant personal accomplishment. Relevant to the job? I dunno... you're the one interviewing him. If I were interviewing him for a position and he was qualified for the position, his feat wouldn't preclude me from hiring him. It definitely shows some dedication and a little insanity, both traits I value in my staff. It wouldn't be a guaranteed hire either.

If I've learned one thing when hiring people it's that personality matters, especially when it comes to small teams.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts