Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was putting my bike back together, just got the frame back from Joe Bell, and I needed some help setting the crown race. I went to one of the local bike shops, actually recommended by a friend, the guy was happy enough to help out. The dig is he put the race adaptor on the Park tool upside down allowing the adaptor to hang over the race and dig into my freshly painted for. Pretty bummed but hay stuff happens. The thing is when I saw what happened and what he had to do to separate the adaptor from the tool I looked at it and it seemed pretty obvious that the adaptor was on upside down. He claimed no. I've since verified that yes the adaptor was on upside down. So the question is, would you go back and share with the guy what you know for fact? I just wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else.
For sure I won't be giving this business my business. It sort of pisses me off when I think about it that they would have someone in the shop with such a GCE on such a basic tool.
The kicker is the race isn't completely set.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Go back to the store. Ask for the store manager. Explain in a nice manner what happened. Ask for it to be corrected....and a refund....and discount on future maintenance.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
Go back to the store. Ask for the store manager. Explain in a nice manner what happened. Ask for it to be corrected....and a refund....
sounds good.

... and discount on future maintenance.
not so much. you ain't goin' back.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
because ...

They already made a mistake once
it was a brand new paint job. those are usually not under $400.

I am sure that they don't want to lose your business so they will be extra careful next time. I would give them another chance.
i had a bad experience with a mechanic once. i learned my lesson the hard way and bought my own tools. they've paid for themselves several times over. now, i really wouldn't trust anyone with any of my bikes. there's no need. maybe if i needed a fork crown milled or something serious, i know a couple old mechanics that i trust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts