Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on this lovely Monday morning in Rhode Island I was met with a very interesteing situation. See I was a bit late to work and was rushing in, mind you without using ludacris speed, I hadn't cut anybody off and was just trying to get in.

About 2 miles from my work I went through a yellow light, no harm no foul, right? Apparently not. I pull into work not even thinking about, grab my bag and my coffee and start to walk in when a car pulls up with two older women sitting in it, they immediately start yelling at me! About the yellow light!

I was flabergasted, what do you even say in a situation like that? As I started to gather my surrounding a little more it came to me that they had followed me for at least 2 miles (and 3 more redlights mind you) into a company parking lot, just to yell at someone who did something that ruffled there feathers a litte. What made it worse was that not only did I do nothing wrong, but these women were shouting innapropriate things at me in my companies parking lot with people walking in all around me, now I look like a jerk for ticking off some old women.

So I asked her a question, "do you work here ma'am?" "OF COURSE I DO A$$HOLE!!!!". She clearly did not, so I turned and started to just walk into work, after taking a picture of her license plate, just in case.

I knew I should have nnc'ed to work today.

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
I'd have said, "Oh my gosh, I am SOOOO sorry. I didn't realize that! Thank you for letting me know, I'll be sure be more careful. What was I thinking!?!?!!?" in the most sincere way possible.

All they wanted was to be "right".

·
No hero that's understood
6,100 Posts
If I read this correctly and "went through a yellow light" is indeed k(o)de for threesome, than my advice would be to not have a threesome with foul mouthed angry old ladies.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
q_and_a said:
If I read this correctly and "went through a yellow light" is indeed k(o)de for threesome, than my advice would be to not have a threesome with foul mouthed angry old ladies.
shoot, i didn't think anyone could have read through such deep c0de

also, I would have been sincere about it but it was tough to grab at my sincere side after being yelled at, so I did the next best thing, turned and ran like a girl!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh and also, these people are coming back later after some appointments, do to what i'm not quite sure.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
i woulda yelled "Donuts!"

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
naturaldub said:
oh and also, these people are coming back later after some appointments, do to what i'm not quite sure.
They're coming back to spraypaint "OF COURSE I DO A$$HOLE!!!!" all over your car.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
I didn't think that Rhode Island was large enough to have 4 traffic lights.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MikeBiker said:
I didn't think that Rhode Island was large enough to have 4 traffic lights.

well one of them is just a flashing Red so it doesn't really count

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
I have the solution

I've talked about it a couple of times, and since is invention have implemented it a few times, it's worked great!

When confronted by angry strangers, I used to either yell and swear, or, act confused -- "Why are you talking to me? Do I know you?"

I have switched to TOTAL NONSEQUITUR RANDOMNESS.

My last time: The car honks, yells, and swerves. Something typical about getting off the road, F***ot.

Yours Truly: "Thanks! Do you prefer houndstooth or gingham?"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts