Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a 2010 Cannondale Caad9 4 with five miles on it. Pedals and cycling outfit included.

I'm headed to look at it tomorrow and am wondering what I should be looking to pay.

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hmm with 2011 coming out I would offer $200-300 off what the local LBS is selling it for. If they can prove it was only ridden for 5 miles offer more, if not offer less. Also was the shorts worn those 5 miles too? I wouldn't want anyone else's sweaty sack touching anything I'm going to put near my sweaty sack no matter how many times it's been washed.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
What he said about price.

But, on the other topic. A guy from around here forgot his shorts for a race. He raced after this other guy on the team, and borrowed his shorts to race in his race AFTER the guy had just raced in the shorts. Talk about gross, wet, chamois fresh off another mans...........

yeah. I would have raced in my street clothes (shorts) or skipped it.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
You might be able to get the upper-hand on the seller/store by pointing out that there is a completely new CAAD design next year, rendering this '9 as "obsolete", "outdated"..."depreciated". :D

I'm kidding, because they can easily play that same game and snap back with a "This was the last one to be made in the USA."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I bougt the bike! Got it for $1200, and it literally is brand spankin new. Little hairs still on the tires and everything.

Also got some diadora carbon shoes, shimano pedals, and a full outfit (never worn).

The guy had never gotten fit, so I was able to go to the shop where he bought it and get myself fitted for the bike for free!

Looking forward to some riding!

·
Registered
21,542 Posts
Wash & wear

Jason1500 said:
I wouldn't want anyone else's sweaty sack touching anything I'm going to put near my sweaty sack no matter how many times it's been washed.
So, do you use the washcloths and towels when you go to a motel? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts