Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine expressed interest in buying my 2001 Kona Major Jake. It's in excellent condition, very lightly ridden, regularly maintained. 55 or 56 cm frame (I can't recall off the top of my head), full stock except for pedals and tires. What would be a fair price? Thanks!

(This is not spam - if I don't sell it to my friend, I'm not selling it :cool: )

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
jeremyb said:
got a pic?

what are they going for on ebay?

$600-$800

jb
Thanks! I'll try to take and post a pic when I get home. I couldn't find any on eBay. Actually, it seems to be a relatively obscure bike - it doesn't look like Kona even offers them as a full build any more.

IIRC:
Bright (scuba) yellow
Kona Project 2 fork
American Classic seatpost, I think
American Classic seat, maybe (irrelevant in any case - feels like riding a stale scone. Buyer would do well to replace it)
Tiagra STI levers and front derailleur
105 rear derailleur
Mavic rims/deore hubs
Avid Shorty brakes, I think
BB/cassette/chain, beats me - probably all Shimano products

Bike was victimized by a run-in with a parking garage roof. LBS gave it a clean bill of health and buyer is aware of the incident.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drewdane said:
Thanks! I'll try to take and post a pic when I get home. I couldn't find any on eBay. Actually, it seems to be a relatively obscure bike - it doesn't look like Kona even offers them as a full build any more.
And here's a pic I found on Google Image - looks just like mine, except the tires:

·
More Cowbell!
4,832 Posts
Drewdane said:

IIRC:
Bright (scuba) yellow
Kona Project 2 fork
American Classic seatpost, I think
American Classic seat, maybe (irrelevant in any case - feels like riding a stale scone. Buyer would do well to replace it)
Tiagra STI levers and front derailleur
105 rear derailleur
Mavic rims/deore hubs
Avid Shorty brakes, I think
BB/cassette/chain, beats me - probably all Shimano products

Bike was victimized by a run-in with a parking garage roof. LBS gave it a clean bill of health and buyer is aware of the incident.
$450-$500 for that vintage, build and "crash" history.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.