Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reported shill bidding to ebay on a random frameset auction, and after not bidding (and obviously not winning the item in question)

ebay sent me $75 as a courtesy and apology for any inconvenience.

So yeah. I've got $75 to spend.

If you had $75 (in ebay money, which goes further than in any store haha) what would you spend it on cycling wise?

Let's here suggestions!! I'm college student/racer. Give me your "wants" so I can maybe be reminded of something that'd be good to have!

·
Registered
577 Posts
more cycling clothes. or a decent heart rate monitor and training book. or a new helmet. or better shoes. maybe a spare set of tires.

I need a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i wouldnt suggest getting clothes unless you've tried them on elsewhere. Jerseys and shorts are very personal fitting, and even with sizing charts its hard to get them dead on. I've stopped buying apparel online unless i KNOW itll fit.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
DM.Aelis said:
I reported shill bidding to ebay on a random frameset auction, and after not bidding (and obviously not winning the item in question)

ebay sent me $75 as a courtesy and apology for any inconvenience.

So yeah. I've got $75 to spend.

If you had $75 (in ebay money, which goes further than in any store haha) what would you spend it on cycling wise?

Let's here suggestions!! I'm college student/racer. Give me your "wants" so I can maybe be reminded of something that'd be good to have!
Get an Ipod Shuffle. Their only about $60

·
Frog Whisperer
41,515 Posts
last 75 I spent was on brooks bar tape.....yeah I know foolish...extravagant and stupid....but it sure is pretty

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you don't own one yet, a Brooks B-17 saddle. It will be the best money you have ever spent (or in this case, not spent) on a bicycle component.

BTW, this is my 200th post. Do I get a prize or something? Or do I have to wait until my 1000th post for that?

Later,

Jay B.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
last 75 I spent was on brooks bar tape.....yeah I know foolish...extravagant and stupid....but it sure is pretty
I disagree. Mine has lasted 5X as long as any other tape I have tried (and it is still going strong). May seem extravagant to some, but it seems economical to me.

Now, since I already have Brooks tape on all my bikes, my 75 bucks will buy new tires, or a couple spare chains.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.