Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always on the lookout for unusual vintage bikes. I found this ALAN that has Basso decals on it. I don't know the provenance of this bike, so I'm wondering what would be up with that. A joint venture between the two companies? A Basso nut who wanted an early carbon fiber bike? Any ideas? The bike is sweet and loaded with top notch components. The frame is very cool. I'd love to post pics, but this site is clunking out and wont let me. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
Cru Jones said:
I'm always on the lookout for unusual vintage bikes. I found this ALAN that has Basso decals on it. I don't know the provenance of this bike, so I'm wondering what would be up with that. A joint venture between the two companies? A Basso nut who wanted an early carbon fiber bike? Any ideas? The bike is sweet and loaded with top notch components. The frame is very cool. I'd love to post pics, but this site is clunking out and wont let me. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
Both Alan and Bador (aka "The Vitus Aluminum Frame') licensed their frames out to various companies. You can find many different company badges on bikes from either of those companies, but there were more Bador frames out there than Alans.

Did I spell Bador right?

- FBB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.