Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of an Easton EC90 zero offset. Anybody have one and like/hate it? Anyone have a carbon post they just love that I should consider? Looking for both cheap and lightweight :rolleyes:

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
I love my Campagnolo Record, maybe because it's got a generous setback and a hefty price tag. :aureola:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have an EC70 zero-setback post. It's the same as the EC90, but with an aluminum head rather than carbon. It's served me well, and the 2-bolt micro-adjust is nice.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Consider this as coming from something of a retro grouch, but "good carbon seatpost" borders on being an oxymoron.

If you want a good zero offset post, consider a Thomson post, for similar weight, more reliability, less headaches, and lots less dough. Buy yourself lot's of beer with the savings.

·
Loves to Suffer
998 Posts
I have a 31.6 Easton EC70 that has been great. Also, I have a Sette Carbon 27.2 (Pricepoint) that has been great also. Both are carbon with AL heads.

·
More carbon fiber please!
791 Posts
USE Alien. Used it for years and it's on it's 2nd bike now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've used a Nashbar carbon zero offset, 27.2 mm, for a about 400 miles,,,,no complains for the price..~$45. Not sexy, but it would seem to fit your cost/weight criteria.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
pmf said:
I am thinking of an Easton EC90 zero offset. Anybody have one and like/hate it? Anyone have a carbon post they just love that I should consider? Looking for both cheap and lightweight :rolleyes:
Well, there is a saying that goes "light, durable, inexpensive, pick two". I guess you are looking for one that's gonna break then. The list is long. IMO, get a Ritchey WCS aluminum or Thomson and be happy.

·
More carbon fiber please!
791 Posts
cyclust said:
Well, there is a saying that goes "light, durable, inexpensive, pick two". I guess you are looking for one that's gonna break then. The list is long. IMO, get a Ritchey WCS aluminum or Thomson and be happy.
I totally disagree. Again, the USE is a reasonably light post that has a near infinite adjustment range and it plenty strong. Multiple clamps are available for varying rail sizes. I ran another USE Alien carbon post on my previous mtb and moved it to the current one before trying the KCNC. And it doesn't break the bank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts