Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've been drooling over online pictures of a bianchi san jose or a raleigh rush hour, but neither are available in canada... is there a conspiracy against single speeds in the great white north? can someone hook me up?

·
Registered
46 Posts
khs or fuji

i thought the same then on a lark i went to a shop near my work that carries fuji and got a fuji track for 560.00 cdn - nicely spec'ed out commuter for flat ol ottawa but the wheelset is a little whispy for my 210lb frame and mixed terrain commute.
ask around - you will be surprised what you can find.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Van Dessel

brendan rocks said:
so i've been drooling over online pictures of a bianchi san jose or a raleigh rush hour, but neither are available in canada... is there a conspiracy against single speeds in the great white north? can someone hook me up?
Check out the Country Road Bob, comes with carbon fork, canti's, etc... great for commuting or racing SS cross. Flip Flop hub included...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Brendan:

Check out "Le Grand Cycle L'Atelier" on Cherrier in the Plateau, just east of St. Denis. They keep some fixed bikes in stock, although I can't remember which brands. Very friendly shop. They might be able to order something in for you. Several people I know including myself have gone through them for fixed and SS gear.

Dave66, what shop did you go to? I live in Ottawa now, and would love to see the fuji frame in person...

·
Registered
46 Posts
ordered it

i ordered mine sight unseen from cycle logik on Richmond [by mountain equipment co op]

i have heard that joe mammas down town [on pretoria] stocks some KHS 100s
as for seeing a fuji up close you can swing by 1545 carling ave if you want to take a look at mine
:p

·
Registered
841 Posts
brendan rocks said:
Drive to Vermont? Or take a bus and ride back?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.