Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wanted to post this in the currently running neuvation thread, but didn't want to derail it too much while garnering attention on a different subject.

What new things in terms of wheels are going to be comind down the pipeline at Neuvation? Is there going to be a R28 SL6's or M28 Aero 4's? :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

Their site only displays the front wheel for the R28 SL5's (no rear wheel in site), so I was thinking:
  1. Waiting for new shipments
  2. 2009 updates?
  3. NEW WHEELS????!!!!1111
Any or all of these would be exciting, but I have a bit of cash to burn, and I should be getting my taxes back... Plus it never hurts to support a good company~

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
I'm sure John could tell ya! Maybe shoot him an email? I don't know if he visits these forums.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peanya said:
I'm sure John could tell ya! Maybe shoot him an email? I don't know if he visits these forums.
I did that about 30 minutes after making this post, just to have some supplementary info just in case no one else quickly popped in and answered anything~

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
master2129 said:
What did you find out?
I just got an email from John, and I replied making sure that it was okay to divulge this information on a public forum (here).

There is a 2009 shipment coming as we speak.
R28 SL5s will be restocked (and there are some in stock still)

Just wait for the exciting info once I get the okay to release~

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

lalahsghost said:
Mr. John N. -

As you know, many people over at roadbikereview.com love your products. Not specifically for your sponsoring and advertising on the site, but because of your honest, knowledgable, and quality products.

What I am wondering is what is coming down the pipeline for 2009?

Will we see the R28 SL5 Rear wheel come back into stock?

Are there any wheels that may or may not receive any kinds of updates in 2009?

New models?

I know it's been a busy year with the introduction of your new frames and complete bikes... but with tax rebates coming around... I'd like to know if Neuvation was or was not planning anything in the somewhat immediate future?

Sincerely
Andrew Dasilva
[FONT=&quot]Andrew,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There is a shipment about to leave Taiwan with the 2009 model wheels.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]New items will be …….[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The R28 SL5 will be back (we still actually have some in stock) and there will be an R28 SL6 rear wheel which will be stronger and a little heavier than the SL5. All wheels will come with rim strips installed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]On the bike side we will be adding some different graphic options that I am working on now.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We will also be offering aftermarket tires (non Neuvation brands), cassettes, etc so that people can get them with the wheels.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A number of new model Neuvation saddles also in the works.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for your comments.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John[/FONT]
lalahsghost said:
Do you mind if I post this news on Roadbikereview.com's Website forum?
[FONT=&quot]Joseph,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Feel free. Note that the new stock will be more than the closeout pricing I have on the current stock so people should take advantage of my “stimulus” pricing now.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah.... pretty exciting news!
[/FONT]
  • Restock in wheels
  • New Wheels
  • Rim Strips on Wheels
  • New Bike Graphics
  • "Neuvation Brand" Cassettes
  • Tires
  • New Saddle Models
I'm glad to see that Neuvation is looking for a total expansion. Pretty damn soon, they will have everything they need but a headset and full gruppo!

Surprisingly I do not fear that quality will be diminished even with the expansion of business. More than likely I'll snag myself a new wheelset before the end of '09 (carbon tubular? :rolleyes::blush2::D)

The idea of having your wheels ride-ready right out of the box with 1.) rimstrip 2.) ?tube? 3.) tire and 4.) cassette already on it is pretty cool. I don't find that EVERYONE will do this option but at least when someone is buying a neuvation bike, there are more components that John can make some cash from instead of purchasing from some other company and selling their product under their name.

I hear a lot of people gripe about the generic-ness of the neuvation logos and bike graphics. The news of new graphics is kinda exciting, no?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
#1 - I too am very excited about this news :) I'm working on build specs for a CAAD9 at the moment and another pair of Neuvations will be one of the steps of the process :) My limited experience with John has been great so far.

#2 - I'm more than happy to hear they're redesigning the decals :D I have a pair of the M23 Aero3's and I don't like the decals one bit. I'm currently being lazy and putting off the task, but my next job will be full removal of the decals - of course, the price/quality/customer service are why I'm so drawn to the product. Better decals, IMHO, would just be icing on the cake :)

#3 - It'd be nice if he could add the option to send the wheels with Velox tape installed, but it'll probably be something generic. I'm also happy to hear he'll be selling cassettes as well as an option. That is the one thing I had to do to make the wheels ready to ride :wink:

Thanks for posting this great info!
-Chris

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It took me a good 25 minutes to take the stickers off of both of my M28 Aero 3's. Blowdryer, and just rub off any spare residue with finger. I overheated/burned my fingers a few times because I was impatient, but meh.

P.S. I love contributing news/info to communities because it motivates me to find answers to questions that I want to know!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
lalahsghost said:
It took me a good 25 minutes to take the stickers off of both of my M28 Aero 3's. Blowdryer, and just rub off any spare residue with finger. I overheated/burned my fingers a few times because I was impatient, but meh.

P.S. I love contributing news/info to communities because it motivates me to find answers to questions that I want to know!
Thanks for the decal removal advice :) I was half expecting to need to use rubbing alcohol to get off a bunch of nasty, sticky residue.

I know what you mean about contributing. I'm slowly trying to increase "contributions," but 95% of people have a lot more knowledge on cycling than me, so I'm easing my way into it. :)

-Chris

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Nice...will be looking forward to the new products.

I stopped in last Nov and picked up my wheels. Just seeing all the boxed wheels and those hanging in the shop area for final tweaking was overload. :arf: :D

The more time I have on the M28SL's, the more I like them. With my set, getting the stickers off was easy...the adhesive residue wasn't cooperative in any way. Hair dryer, heat gun, blow torch, after burner...:( Eventually got it all off. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts