Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Did you get the matching pink bar tape as well? I was eyeing that set up for my gf's new gunnar but she veto'd it. I guess she doesn't fancy herself a pink bike kind of girl. I kinda like it though! :D

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did, it came as a set.

Funny about that pink stuff - I've heard several women say "no way", even to the headset. I think it's a pretty cool combo, especially with a gray bike. My wife likes it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
terry b said:
I did, it came as a set.

Funny about that pink stuff - I've heard several women say "no way", even to the headset. I think it's a pretty cool combo, especially with a gray bike. My wife likes it.

DOH! There it is right in the box with the saddle! I'm blind! :eek:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
terry b said:
Well, it would have to be a pink Arione.
Ooooh! Are they giving .8% of the asking price to a good cause, too? :rolleyes:

...Just kidding. It really gets my goat how Chris King thinks they're doing something earth-shaking by donating a whopping dollar to breast cancer with every $110 headset they sell. Whatever the case, that's a sweet saddle, and makes me kind of jealous. Too bad I'm an SLR man!

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Now all you need.........

is the Pink Chris King Hubs laced to something that works for you.

Len

·
Registered
438 Posts
SDizzle said:

...Just kidding. It really gets my goat how Chris King thinks they're doing something earth-shaking by donating a whopping dollar to breast cancer with every $110 headset they sell. Whatever the case, that's a sweet saddle, and makes me kind of jealous. Too bad I'm an SLR man!
i think a dollar is a lot... that is a big portion of the profit from each headset.
i dont know the margins on manufacturing headsets, but if it's 10%, then that's donating 10% of profit, which is huge in any industry.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought long and hard about those wheels but the bike is Campy and I just don't like the idea of mixing drivetrains.

But it would be pretty slick......

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
brewster said:
What's cooler than a pink CK headset....probably a silver one.

NEIL
Silver? Disgusting.

My Pink CK headset got even better when I replaced the Reynolds bung w/ an Extralite bung and was then able to use the pink CK topcap. Not only does the pink look muy good, but it also makes the black on the bike look even more black.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
SDizzle said:

As someone married to a cancer survivor, any donation is good. As someone whose best man has a terminal flavor of cancer, no donation is too small. As someone whose 16y.o. cousin died of cancer, what CK is doing is great: not only are they giving money but they're also raising awareness.

I'll leave the criticism of CK's donations to those who know better than the rest.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,405 Posts
"What's cooler than a CK pink headset? "
Only the CK Dreadset.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
SDizzle said:
Be careful.

By "know better" I mean people who have witnessed first hand the devastation that cancer can cause in a body and a life. I prolly should have worded that differently. Mea culpa.

Any money is good money, and besides, I don't know what CK earns a year, so maybe what they can do is limited.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts