Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I whipped up a nice omelette with red onion, sweet red peppers, goat cheese, beet greens, avocado and a little habanero salsa from Trader Joe's. Yum.

·
Le Misérable
4,374 Posts
Baguette and butter, here. As good as fresh bread and butter is in France, I think you win BB.:)

Tomorrow it's cereal and yogurt with fresh peaches.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Coffee.

How do you make omelets? I've tried many times, but always end up with scrambled eggs. What's the secret?

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
It must be nice to be having breakfast this late in the day. :) My two canine bedmates made woke me up at 5:30 a.m. I let them outside and tried to go back to sleep. By 6:15 a.m. the chihuahua was licking my head and the poodle was jumping on my back and demanding her breakfast. So, at 6:30 a.m., had my usual breakfast: a bagel, a bananna, tea and orange juice. I just finished an early lunch: gazpacho (which I made this morning after I finished cleaning the house), bread and some raw cow milk cheese from some boutique cheese maker in California.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Old fashion Quaker oats with blueberries and chopped walnuts mixed in. This is my daily breakfast, every day -- I'm a creature of habit. Oh, sometimes I'll also include chopped banana or peach, if I have them around.

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lemonlime said:
Coffee.

How do you make omelets? I've tried many times, but always end up with scrambled eggs. What's the secret?
Through much trial and error I've developed my own method to make an "omelette", which I'm sure many properly trained chefs would laugh at, but it works for me. I lightly wisk three eggs with some whole milk, then add the mixture to my small pan which I've lubed with a little butter. Then I add the onions and other veggies which need a little more time to cook. As the mixture is starting to solidify I add the rest of the veggies, thrown on some cheese, turn the heat off and cover. Before eating I add the remainder of toppings..avocado, salsa or hot sauce. I think of the eggs as a medium to carry other ingredients and flavors...usually leftovers or scraps that have been in the fridge too long.

The trick for me is to use real low heat so as not to overcook the eggs. I hate overcooked eggs. Sometimes the center is just a little running, which is fine by me.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,247 Posts
lemonlime said:
How do you make omelets?

Get a smooth nonstick pan used only for eggs, then do this:

But a low temp covered steam, if you time it right, will give what most people think of as an omelette in a pretty foolproof manner. BB has it right there, and I sometimes do that, though I use low heat for the covered steaming part. Do the fold over when you slide it out of the pan, easier than a spatula in the pan, imo.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,247 Posts
Pre ride soytastic yogurlicious smoothie.

/end sarcasm

Lunch we made kung pao shrimp! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Cheerios topped with yogurt and fresh wild blueberries today.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Yesterday - granola with nuts, dried berries and dried milk in a ziploc baggie, with a little water added to it.

Today - fresh fruit, more fresh fruit, yogurt and some really thick, smoky bacon.

And coffee. There shall be no breakfast without coffee. Evar.

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
one strip crisp bacon, one fried egg with Tillamook white cheddar, wheat toast w/ pb&j, half an orange, half a peach, iced coffee.

was plenty of fuel for our hilly 50-miler.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts