Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Might not be going...

ksfacinelli said:
I would hate to see him not make the TDF. The man is an animal....was the most exciting part of the 05 TDF.......
I am betting that the ASO is going to try and pull Liberty's invite to le tour this year because of the doping scandal that has just enveloped his team, they don't like having doping teams at their race since 1998 (well teams that are under investigation for doping). Vino might be SOL.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Assuming he's not implicated in the doping scandal (by no means a safe bet, I realize), could he just jump to another team? I'm sure it'd be hard on him logistically and mentally, but he's worked hard to prepare for the tour, and he's said he probably only has 1-2 more competitive years to try for the win. I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would love to have him and he'd probably accept a relatively small compensation package with his back against the wall. Vino strikes me as a rider that could be pretty competitive regardless of his teammates and coaching situation; I hope we see him in July, he knows how to liven up a race!

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
I can't recall exactly where, but I think Vino said he wanted to stick it out with Saiz, and it looks like they're pulling together enough dough to keep running for at least the season; we'll see if the UCI ALLOWS ASO to pull the invite, considering the Protour rules.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.