Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this thread is diefent then my other thread its my dream thread say i had 2 grand whats the best bike road bike that is it has to have small sizes since im so short.i want to set a goal i will save the money and some day ill get it ya have to dream it makes life better

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
The one you ride the most, and enjoy riding, is the best for the money. Seriously.

·
Is it the future yet?
1,978 Posts
The one the fits you the best.
However, I do agree that a Fuji bought at Performance Bike is tough to beat.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
Among my fleet, my cheapest bike happens to be the most comfortable and the one I spend the most miles on...

·
Registered
994 Posts
You get the most for you money from house brands like Scattante from Performance.

Neuvation, known for their wheels, also gets you a lot of bang for the buck.

Some of the Novara bikes from REI are good too.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Bianchi's are nice if you are a small person...like me .....save up for a nice frame and then transfer your current components over to it...or vice versa....components then frame.......

$2000 doesnt get you much "dreamy" stuff in this sport...unfortunately...if you must have a $2000 new bike I like the bianchi 1885 ...not superlight but great frameset....think the 09 are even cheaper so you could build up with nicer stuff

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
some day i hope i get to in my life where i get what i want i work hard just dont make a lot i dont have a car and thats ok but i do want a nice bike someday i love to ride

·
Registered
534 Posts
holy cromoly said:
You get the most for you money from house brands like Scattante from Performance.

Meh, I own three Scats and I would disagree. While the Scats are nice, you can get a Fuji almost as cheap at performance. The Fuji will have more name brand parts where the Scat will have a lot cheaper bits. GT and Schwinn have some very nice stuff for the price too. That said, performance is the place for good deals. A friend just walked out with a Fuji Team, full carbon, 105, shimano wheels for $1100. That comes out to $990 if you factor in the 10% in points you get back.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
weird thing is i still love my 250 buck pacific cyccle hybrid best bike i ever owned my canondale was a close second though

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
holy cromoly said:

the only place I've heard of neuvation is rbr... I didn't think they were known for anything

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
holy cromoly said:
You get the most for you money from house brands like Scattante from Performance.Neuvation, known for their wheels, also gets you a lot of bang for the buck. Some of the Novara bikes from REI are good too.
Come on, they said they have 2 grand to spend. You can count those cheap brands out. House brands are for people that have very little money.
2 Grand will get you entry level carbon fiber. You should be saying brands like Giant, Cannondale, Trek, Raleigh,
Visit all your local bike shops and let them know you have 2 grand and watch them scramble. Then seeing is believing. You will see and feel the right bike!

But since this is all for pretend, Start Saving Buddy !!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts