Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Would that be round trip or one way?

BTW Wendy's is one of the few fast food joints where you can stop during a brevet and quickly get a baked potato so I think I will give them a pass on the Baconator.

·
Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
I thought about getting a Baconator once, but I cowered away in fear. Perhaps, during a 85 mile ride, I might man up to one.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As much as I enjoy being able to ride my bike to work, 170 commuting miles would be a bit much for me in a single day. My 85 miles is round trip: 2-1/2 hrs each way with 9 hrs for work in the middle. Okay, maybe just 8 hrs today, since it is BTWD.

The rest of the week will be hybrid commutes of 41 miles riding & the remainder driving. (In all, about 250 cycle commuting miles this week.)

·
Registered
157 Posts
oy, my heart hurts just looking at it.

When my commute was 58 miles round-trip I would stop about once a week to get a junior bacon cheeseburger (no mayo) at Wendys though. I haven't been to Wendy's for 2 years since my commute changed to 29 miles RT.

·
Seat's not level
19,392 Posts
Eiron said:
As much as I enjoy being able to ride my bike to work, 170 commuting miles would be a bit much for me in a single day. My 85 miles is round trip: 2-1/2 hrs each way with 9 hrs for work in the middle. Okay, maybe just 8 hrs today, since it is BTWD.

The rest of the week will be hybrid commutes of 41 miles riding & the remainder driving. (In all, about 250 cycle commuting miles this week.)
Nice BTWD ride. I only did 68 miles round trip. 2:21 on the way in and 2:03 on the way home, but the route was throught the heart of Denver.

Where were you going to and coming from?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nepbug, that's funny, 'cuz I do the same thing at the local BBQ joint (KT's). It's my reward to myself for riding my usual 41 mile RT at least 3x/wk. But, I've got a "free BBQ sandwich" card, so this week (250 miles) I think I'm going to eat there twice. :thumbsup:

Chain, nice ride yourself! 68 miles out & back thru Denver sounds like a bear. Several folks have told me there are quite a few nice paths in & around Denver, so a lot of the city can be avoided. I don't know if that's true or not since I never get that far south. My ride yesterday started in north Loveland (roughly 287 & 51st) & ended in Broomfield (287 & Hwy 36). I took some pics on my way in yesterday, but reviewing them I realized that 287 looks pretty much the same (boring!) for the entire ride. My hybrid ride starts in north Longmont at 287 & Hwy 66.

·
Seat's not level
19,392 Posts
Eiron said:
nepbug, that's funny, 'cuz I do the same thing at the local BBQ joint (KT's). It's my reward to myself for riding my usual 41 mile RT at least 3x/wk. But, I've got a "free BBQ sandwich" card, so this week (250 miles) I think I'm going to eat there twice. :thumbsup:

Chain, nice ride yourself! 68 miles out & back thru Denver sounds like a bear. Several folks have told me there are quite a few nice paths in & around Denver, so a lot of the city can be avoided. I don't know if that's true or not since I never get that far south. My ride yesterday started in north Loveland (roughly 287 & 51st) & ended in Broomfield (287 & Hwy 36). I took some pics on my way in yesterday, but reviewing them I realized that 287 looks pretty much the same (boring!) for the entire ride. My hybrid ride starts in north Longmont at 287 & Hwy 66.
I live in Broomfield and Work in the Inverness business park in South Denver. When you are at work, you are within a mile of my house. :D 287 is pretty boring. We tend to go up county roads 5 or 7 or Hoover (95th?) to get to Longmont. The 287 concrete is really noisy with the cars.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The specs;

Weight 276 (G)
Calories 840
Calories from fat 460
Total fat 51.0 (G)
Saturated 23.0 (G)
Trans fatty acids 2.5
Cholesterol 195 (MG)
Sodium 1880 (MG)
Carbohydrates 38 (G)
Sugars 8 (G)
Protein 56 (G)
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 4%

How could you resist?

·
Registered
520 Posts
i don't know how some people do it... i guess i have a sensitive gut. my friend rode boston to san diego and often stopped off to devour things like this in the middle of hundred to two-hundred mile days if nothing else was available. i would get ill if i ate that OFF the bike... i don't wanna think what would happen if i gobbled that up and tried to ride.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I ride to a friends house about once a week, about 10 miles each way, and usually get a vegan burrito on my way home. I can eat rice and beans without getting sick, but meat and dairy gives me a stomach ache.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.