Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im interested in the IRO Jamie Roy frame to build my first fixie.
The price is right but, any testimonials (pro-con) would help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Beantown said:
Im interested in the IRO Jamie Roy frame to build my first fixie.
The price is right but, any testimonials (pro-con) would help

I am in the process of building one up right now...I have not ridden it yet but the frame seems of high quality and the owner of IRO is great to work with.

Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Finished building it this afternoon.

Fix-ated said:
I am in the process of building one up right now...I have not ridden it yet but the frame seems of high quality and the owner of IRO is great to work with.

Hope this helps a little.
I saw the write-up in the last Dirt Rag and thought that looked like just the thing, to upgrade from my beater Nishiki. After a couple emails back and forth, and a phone call to the owner, who was totally cool, I ordered one. I wanted a steel frame, but for $180 ('03s are/were on clearance. $194 shipped.) I couldn't pass up the IRO.

Finished building it up this-afternoon after I got back from my ride (geared, sorry.). First impressions after a short jaunt downtown: this thing rocks.

Quite a change from the 30lb Nishiki I upgraded from. Was gonna do the upgrade on the cheap but got a little carried away. While researching fork options I saw that Cambria bikes had the Reynolds Ouzo Pro on clearance, and when I was working on it yesterday and discovered the seatpost I had in the Nishiki didn't fit, I naturally had to go with Carbon (Bontrage Race X Lite) to match the fork ;). Feel a little foolish putting all those fancy carbon parts on a $200 frame, but it built up a pretty sweet bike. I'm anxious to hang it from a scale...

I'm gonna be starting a 15-mi commute to work here pretty soon (Work from home now, but will be in an office starting next week. If I gotta commute, might as well ride.), so that, along with the timely Dirt Rag article prompted the upgrade from the ill-fitting, heavy, beater-nishiki.

My only complaint so far is a minor, aesthetic detail. It has cable stops on it and I'm only running a front brake, so it kinda messes up the otherwise clean look. It'd probably cost nearly as much as the frame to get those shaved off and have it powder-coated again though, so I'll live with that little annoyance.

-Trevor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is done as well...so far I love it! I gree about the braze ons, it's unfortunate but I can ignore them. I got the same close out deal...great frame! Uozo comp fork bullhorns, suzue hubs w/richey rims. 48x16.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks Awesome

Very nice build.
Looks like I'll be placing my order ASAP!
Thanks for all the generous input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.