Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is roughly a $40 difference between these two pedals. As far as I can tell the only real difference (other than the material) is a few grams of weight and the Carbons have 3 bearings instead of just 1.

Are the Carbon pedals worth the price difference?

· Registered
9,274 Posts
you are right, the bearings, and 15 grams of weight, but they show the price difference to be more than $40, $139 for the sprints and $219 for the carbons, i have the sprints and love them, the best road pedal i have ever ridden.

· Registered
635 Posts
the sprints come in color choice red or grey, carbons (to my knowledge) come in only one color.

according the the website the carbon cro-moly only has 2 bearings. a 15.7mm pedal-spindle distance, vs. 16.5mm for the sprint which has 1 bearing. the carbon also has higher spring tension 12-18nm vs. 9-15nm on the sprints

· Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
namrufmot said:
well probikekit has the carbon for $124 and the sprint for $80..so thats the $40....

I htink I might just get the Sprints and sink that $40 into better shoes
You might need to look around - PBK doesn't have the carbons in stock, and the header says "last few at this price."

That said, bearings are almost always a good thing. At $40, I'd say worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.