Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 roubaix pro on order. dealer is talking late sept/early nov. what is the f'ing holdup? my lbs has had virtually no specialized inventory for the last 8 months. the manager said he has lost a lot of bike sales due to low or no inventory. MESSAGE TO SPECIALIZED.....START SHIPPING BIKES!

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
roadandtrail said:
I have a 2011 roubaix pro on order. dealer is talking late sept/early nov. what is the f'ing holdup? my lbs has had virtually no specialized inventory for the last 8 months. the manager said he has lost a lot of bike sales due to low or no inventory. MESSAGE TO SPECIALIZED.....START SHIPPING BIKES!
Saw one at my NJ LBS two weeks ago, so they are shipping them. Maybe your shop owes S some money?

:)

·
Registered
798 Posts
My LBS tells me the first production runs of 2011 Roubaixs are selling at a record clip and that the inventory situation likely will not stabilize until around the holidays. It's a super hot bike right now.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Stumpjumper FSR said:
Was it the Dura Ace or Sram ?
What color was it?
Carbon/White. Didn't look closely enough to recall whether DuraAce or SRAM. Probably SRAM, as for some reason I feel like I recall the price being under $5k which is the DA MSRP, and the SRAM is $4700 or so.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sram

I ordered the sram. LBS says SL2's are out now and SL3's after Interbike. Just venting in prior post.

·
Registered
515 Posts
RJP Diver said:
Carbon/White. Didn't look closely enough to recall whether DuraAce or SRAM. Probably SRAM, as for some reason I feel like I recall the price being under $5k which is the DA MSRP, and the SRAM is $4700 or so.
I ordered a Pro in Carbon White.. maybe there's hope I'll get it
before the snow falls

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Exactly why I bought a 2010 Pro frame this weekend. LBS had it hanging there and asked me what I was willing to pay for it. I made an offer and they accepted. I have come over to the dark side!

P.S. LBS says January before they see inventory on the 2011 Roubaix Expert! That already have Tarmac frames and bikes showing up.

·
Registered
462 Posts
2011's

I saw a 2011 Roubaix in mid July at a Spec company store. I think it was black with yellow hilites? My local dealer says he will see some in Nov. but I don't know if that is a model shortage or the store holding off. In any case they are trickling in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.