Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was cruising through the DC Paceline website browsing pics from their training camp and came across this pic. What is HN doing training along side of DC?
 

·
For president!
Joined
·
7,802 Posts
ultimobici said:
Who's the big guy in the foreground with a yellow shoulder on his jersey?
Sean Yates, former Motorola rider, now an assistant DS on Discovery. He's a big biker.

Silas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Indeed

Good pick. Eki did indeed grow his own mullet. Its Disco's reply to Ullrich's new hairdo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,389 Posts
for what those guys make..

johngfoster said:
Was cruising through the DC Paceline website browsing pics from their training camp and came across this pic. What is HN doing training along side of DC?

you'd think one of them would be smart enough to put on a helmet...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
I reckon

bahueh said:
you'd think one of them would be smart enough to put on a helmet...
True, they all need to get a hit on the head for not wearing them. You'd think Johan or someone on the management side of things would think about helmets and make em wear them. If i had a $400 helmet sitting at home, id sure as hell wear it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,387 Posts
They're pros...

Bryn said:
True, they all need to get a hit on the head for not wearing them. You'd think Johan or someone on the management side of things would think about helmets and make em wear them. If i had a $400 helmet sitting at home, id sure as hell wear it!
They're pro cyclists who ride more miles on their bike than you or I put on our cars every year more than likely. They know the risks. They're adults. If they want to ride without a helmet, then they can. It's really that simple.

Helmets don't cost $400.

Pro cyclists don't make that much money.

Eki has been rocking a mullet for years on end, this is nothing new.

HN and Disco can train together, it's not like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters.

(flame deleted by gregg)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,387 Posts
Just bitter...

Vel07 said:
why all the anger?
I'm just a bitter young man, on my way to crusty crumudgeon ville.

I just hate it when people try to act all high and mighty about helmet wearing. And whether or not people are doing it. I hate it when people make comments to me about it. Or about pro riders, or about anyone for that matter. It's a choice, a personal one at that, and if someone chooses to not wear a helmet, leave it alone, and make no comments.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Jeez!

magnolialover said:
They're pro cyclists who ride more miles on their bike than you or I put on our cars every year more than likely. They know the risks. They're adults. If they want to ride without a helmet, then they can. It's really that simple.

Helmets don't cost $400.

Pro cyclists don't make that much money.

Eki has been rocking a mullet for years on end, this is nothing new.

HN and Disco can train together, it's not like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters.

Take your helmet Nazi BS and shove it.
Someone has an anger problem! I'll give you a link, tell me how much an atmos costs then, http://www.deanwoods.com.au/store/prod1346.htm. The Atmost helmet been the helmet disco wear just so you cant say anything about that been a different helmet.

By the way im australian, when i say $400, i mean $400 australian.

When did i ever say anything about Disco And HN training together, dont say it as though i said it was obsurd, or for that fact, anything about it at all. And if Eki's been sporting a mullet for years, why didnt ppl know about it, they musn't be as smart as yours truly, Mr "I don't need no helmet, my heads made of steel". Honestly mate, i feel great that you don't wear a helmet, next time your out riding without a helmet and get hit by a car and come on here for some sob story, expect to cop s***.
 

·
Moderatus Puisne
Joined
·
15,882 Posts
ANY time you see pictures of a pro team training, MAYBE one guy will have a helmet on. Safe or not, they just don't do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,079 Posts
Argentius said:
ANY time you see pictures of a pro team training, MAYBE one guy will have a helmet on. Safe or not, they just don't do it.
Not to make this "that" thread but you are so right. The funny thing is that here we have Little 500 and one of the better collegiate teams (of course we get beat by the coasts) so we have TONS of riders here. Anyways, there are always the guys just waiting for the race so they can cat up (you can only race L5 as Cat3 or lower) and are really good, this year almost all of "those" guys can be found tooling around with helmets on their bars, or just a stocking cap on.... just like the pros. I just find it funny that as people around here get faster they try immitating the pros more, ala not wearing helmets haha.

K
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
magnolia doesnt want anyone to ever comment on pro riders or anyone for that matter not wearing a helmet...... But he wants to be able to comment and flame anyone who does make that awful mistake of opinion.....
Nice concept.....I wish I could enforce that in real life.
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top