Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you found "the one"...or have you settled for something else?

Do you believe the one is out there somewhere, just waiting for you?

Will you keep searching?

If you've found "the one," whats her name and what did it cost you to get her?

I've tried the classier, snooty models as well as the more ample supportive types. After about a year I found it. Something in the middle, not as trim or as light as I like, but not too terribly large. Its not the perfect fit though. I definately settled. Performance Forte. $40.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,723 Posts
Selle Italia Trans-Am, the old non-gel version. No longer made. I need a new one, I may look on ebay or try something new.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,344 Posts
Kristin said:
Have you found "the one"...or have you settled for something else?

Do you believe the one is out there somewhere, just waiting for you?

Will you keep searching?

If you've found "the one," whats her name and what did it cost you to get her?

I've tried the classier, snooty models as well as the more ample supportive types. After about a year I found it. Something in the middle, not as trim or as light as I like, but not too terribly large. Its not the perfect fit though. I definately settled. Performance Forte. $40.
Still am on my aftermarket Arione (& no-I got it b4 the big bandwagon) started)

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Currently: Selle Italia Flite Gel, still not sold on it but it's working for now.

The best saddle I've ever owned was the Titec Berzerker DH. It was originally marketed as a DH MTB saddle, but was actually pretty small and worked well as a road bike saddle. It's no longer made though :(

·
Still On Steel
2,396 Posts
Selle Italia Turbomatic, for the last 14 years. Now discontinued, so I'll have to find something else.

I'm planning to do a pseudo-retro number on my older bike, and that will include my first experience with a Brooks (leaning toward a B-17N, but not yet certain). No idea, obviously, whether this will become a long-term, all-purpose solution..

·
Registered
995 Posts
Selle San Rolls

It has been in production for about as long as wheels have been round. Fits me much better than the new super light high tech saddles.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I'm a Fizik guy now, Aliante on one bike and Vitesse on the other. Vitesse is the most comfortable saddle I have tried so far. Very similar in shape and weight to the Aliante, but a little wider and a lot less expensive.

Before that, I had Koobi Silvers on both of my bikes. Nice saddle but the stitching along the center groove caused saddle sores from time to time. I also rode Brooks B-17 saddles on both bikes for a while and liked them very much, but they were no more comfortable than my Koobi or Fizik saddles and A LOT heavier.

I have tried scads of other saddles, mainly various Selle Italia models, which were all too firm, or too narrow, or too flat, etc. San Marco Regal fit well but was too firm. Same with SM Squadra.

·
Registered
74 Posts
40% riding discontinued saddles

interesting. out of the first 15 responses, 6 people lamented that their favorite saddle has been discontinued or is otherwise no longer available. not sure what message that sends but there's a message in there somewhere.

rt

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.