Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there something i missed about riding a bike, where you have to have a beard? i've seen the pics on sheldonbrown.com of him and all his goofy facial hair, as well as most of the employees at bike shops...not to mention my cousin, who i think has a fixie (not sure, never seen his bike).

btw, thanks sheldon for putting together such a great website! RIP!

·
I Am a Meat Popsicle
222 Posts
you can eat the bugs that collect in them after a long ride........

·
trying to HTFU...
1,875 Posts
i had my beard before i started riding again.
it's not as 'special' as Sheldon's, but then again,
there is knowledge in them beards, and i are a moreon.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I was just thinking today that my beard was getting to be too much for this weather. I haven't trimmed it since I shaved it all off and let it grow back in January. I've been keeping it touched up on my neck and cheeks, but that's it.

It's now in the 90's and it's like wearing a wool blanket on my face. But it's super righteous and I'm not sure if I can stand to shave it. Maybe a trim is in order, but not till after Coop's.

joe

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
beards are easier than shaving

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mickey-mac said:
Srsly? I've known only a few cyclists over the years who've had beards.
haha, there's tons of 'em around here

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
MCF said:
Never EVER underestimate the laziness of people (or stupidity)...
oooh...ouch....stupidity huh?

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
unclefuzzy_ss said:
Mines seasonal. Love in the winters. Hate it in the summers. It hides my svelt cheeks.

I thought this thread was about facial hair.

joe

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I thought this thread was about facial hair.

joe
yeah but what do we know we have beards...we are stupid

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
yeah but what do we know we have beards...we are stupid

Stupid like a FOX!

joe

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
Stupid like a FOX!
joe
I'd say, in the last 30 years I have saved enough money on razorblades to buy a new bike!

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
I'd say, in the last 30 years I have saved enough money on razorblades to buy a new bike!

get rid of your car and see how much you save (or can use to pay off CC debt, whatever) :D

joe

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
get rid of your car and see how much you save (or can use to pay off CC debt, whatever) :D

joe

well bud......I have no credit card debt, or any debt for that matter, and my truck is in the shop. Fact is I probably only drive 3 or 4 times a week, a 350 mile fillup lasts me 2 1/2 weeks.
I tried to start driving less 4 or 5 years ago, and it worked. Here in WI, commuting 36 miles round trip twice a week is really not an option 6 months of the year or I would drive even less.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.