·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmph.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
You know, there was a time when I looked forward to this. Now? Not so much....

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never cared...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
My wife hates this time of year....she knows we have 3 weekends (4 if you count the conference tournaments) of non-stop basketball. I don't even have to know either team - if there's a good game on, I'm watching it. This year CBS has gotten generous - live web feeds of EVERY game played in the "Big Dance". Reminds me of the late 90's when ESPN carried the tournament and they would show games almost all weekend (late night were replays of the best "buzzer beaters" and games not shown during the day).

I gave up on the NFL about 7 years ago. Now all I really watch for sports is Cycling, MMA, and College Hoops. Everyone has a favorite, and mine are a combo of the 2 schools I attended and a "floater":

1. Kansas Jayhawks (I was a UG back in 87-88 when "Danny & the Miracles" won)
2. Texas Longhorns (a short 18 month stint for my MSE)
3. ANYONE playing Duke

Unfortunately, Puke....err, Duke, managed to narrowly defeat the 'Horns last night :-(

Go Jayhawks!!

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts

·
Zaphod Beeblebrox
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lampshade said:
You cared enough to start a topic hating on it.

I never said I hated it, I guess I just live in a bubble. Gave up on network TV news over a year ago and have never been interested in sports.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Go Tigers!

Andrea138 said:
I'd normally be asking the same question, but University of Memphis is in it, so it's impossible to get away from around here... especially since it's where I teach.
I have them picked as champions in 2 of the 5 pools I have entered. I love all sports and the accompanying spectacle, but March Madness (Women's and Men's) is my favorite sporting event of the year. There is NO comparison between the NBA and the college games. The kids care about winning and it shows in their game.

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,151 Posts
i like how every year, everybody's brackets get screwed over because of tons of upsets

·
Anti-Hero
10,343 Posts
Sojourner2005 said:
I have them picked as champions in 2 of the 5 pools I have entered. I love all sports and the accompanying spectacle, but March Madness (Women's and Men's) is my favorite sporting event of the year. There is NO comparison between the NBA and the college games. The kids care about winning and it shows in their game.
As much as I'm not interested in basketball, Coach Calipari is an amazing man. Those players are his robots (in a good way)- you can tell in how they play and how they act off the court as well. He has benched a star player before because of bad grades, and a couple of players take classes in my building- they open doors for ladies and are nothing but polite to everyone :D

Football players, on the other hand... :rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts