Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats with this commercial for autozone that keeps running during the tour? Starts off with a teenager on his bicycle and as he's riding he finds an old boat of a car with a note on it that says something to the effect of "fix her and shes yours". So you see the clips of him riding his bike to autozone and getting parts piece by piece. Next thing you know he's pulling up to autozone in the car and says something to effect of "at least now I wont have to ride my bike". Are they serious? is that really a good commercial to be running during a gas crisis? and why on earth are they buying dozens of slots during the tour de france? that thing has got to get like 10mpg tops and they figure that ending an add with "at least I wont have to take my bike" is a good idea to pay for slots during something that only bike nuts will be watching? Its nowhere near as annoying as the saab commercial and at least autozone isnt trying to take credit for the turbocharger but still. I hate that commercial, just thought id share.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.