Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is from the post Paris-Roubaix pit cleaning pics. It he using such a high pressure stream of water that it is actually moving the rear derailleur to the inside of the wheel, or is it a victim of a crash and a very badly bent rear derailleur?:eek:

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Yeah that hanger is toasted- not good times.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm guessing it would take an awfully strong stream of water to make the rear derailleur bend while spraying the crankset. :p

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
The prima donna mechanics probably refuse to work on a dirty bike, so they are hosing it down before it gets repaired. Or, maybe that's the only bike available when the photographer came around.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
spookyload said:
It is from the post Paris-Roubaix pit cleaning pics. It he using such a high pressure stream of water that it is actually moving the rear derailleur to the inside of the wheel, or is it a victim of a crash and a very badly bent rear derailleur?:eek:

Despite all that, the carbon derailleur parallelogram bit survived and I see no damaged spokes.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Most likely...

Jesse D Smith said:
Despite all that, the carbon derailleur parallelogram bit survived and I see no damaged spokes.
Most likely whoever was riding that bike took a bad spill, and the wheel didn't have time to turn and get severe damage in the spokes.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Isn't that frame toasted, since the Scott doesn't have a replaceable derailleur hanger?

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
FondriestFan said:
Isn't that frame toasted, since the Scott doesn't have a replaceable derailleur hanger?
If it is, they are probably just cleaning it up to make it easier to strip the parts off before the trip to the dumpster. Seriously, a sponsored team can probably ship the frame back and have the dropout replaced. Dropout, epoxy, good to go.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yep

FondriestFan said:
Scott's rear dropout does not have a replaceable derailleur hanger and, according to Scott, it is not repairable. When such things happen, according to those who have had such things happen, Scott simply ships out a new frame.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts