Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what everyone else is racing with at crits. Or what you think is a great tire to race with. Also anyone out there know much of the Tufo Tubular Clincher tires. I know how they work and think they sound great but has anyone used them.
Cheers.

· Registered
141 Posts
GP4000s

Hands down the best race tires (clinchers) I've ever used.

at 110-115psi, you can really lay them down in corners in crits, and they are durable as all get out.

i put them on my race wheels a few months ago and am interested in seeing how long they last, though.

i used to only get about 1500miles max out of GP3000s, but supposedly the 4000s are built to last longer.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bike when purchased came with Michelin Pro Race 2. I had no problems with these tires but I do like a change and purchased a set of Continental Attack/Force which at first I thought I made a mistake with the width and all but after a few miles they are definitely for my riding and weight + bike the best tires so far. I also have heard a lot about the Conti GP 3000 and now replaced GP4000 which I might give a try in the next couple of weeks.

· Registered
4,105 Posts
Does anybody care how *fast* their tires are? What are the characteristics of fast tires? Are there any tests that have been performed that could help us evaluate them? You were talking about racing after all...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.