Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5,000 or so miles on my Mavic Kysirium SLs. When the wheels were new and I would hang my bike up after a ride the wheels would come to rest with the valve stem at the bottom of the arc. I figured that the weight of the valve stem, although very small, would cause the wheel to come to rest at the bottom and was impressed with the spin factor of the wheel. Now, the wheel comes to rest at whatever location I happen to hang up the bike at. Question: Is this any indication that the wheel bearings need attention?

Thanks.

· Banned
2,243 Posts
marcbs said:
I have 5,000 or so miles on my Mavic Kysirium SLs. When the wheels were new and I would hang my bike up after a ride the wheels would come to rest with the valve stem at the bottom of the arc. I figured that the weight of the valve stem, although very small, would cause the wheel to come to rest at the bottom and was impressed with the spin factor of the wheel. Now, the wheel comes to rest at whatever location I happen to hang up the bike at. Question: Is this any indication that the wheel bearings need attention?

Thanks.
No. It is an indication, though, that the valve stem, of late, hasn't been coming to a rest at the bottom of the wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.