Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Im currently looking into a set of 700c sized wheels for my Traveler project. I painted the bike metallic british racing green with cream white lugs. I also painted 1/3rd of the rear end and 1/3rd of the lower fork tube cream white. I outlined the lugs in gold.
Im looking into your thoughts for what wheel color combo I should go for ? I am running the origional polished chrome headset and fork crown. In addition, I put a tru-vative turo polished crankset on it. Im going to be running IRO hubs, with most likely open pros.

I guess I have 4 possible combos:
Black hubs/black spokes/gold nipples/black rims
Polished hubs/black spokes/gold nipples/black rims
Polished hubs/silver spokes/gold nipples/black rims
Polished hubs/silver spokes/brass nipples/silver rims

I suppose the purists would pick the last.

Thoughts ?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
My 1st pick is #4.......2nd is #1.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think you should go polished silver all the way for your components to best match the BRG. Sounds like a beautiful bike. I'd stay away from black components completely. If you're a Brooks fan, their saddle and bar tape would also be a beautiful match with BRG.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. The more I think about it, the more I agree that polished is the way to go. I am planning on a brooks honey saddle as well.....Although it may be some time before the funds allow that.

Thanks,
Steve

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
685 Posts
What he said

Yeah, I'd definitely go with the "Brooks" saddle for BRG. All polished components would really make that metalic geen stand out, especially with the cream lugs.

mmmm.....shweeeet!! :) :)

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
Steve-H said:
I guess I have 4 possible combos:
Black hubs/black spokes/gold nipples/black rims
Polished hubs/black spokes/gold nipples/black rims
Polished hubs/silver spokes/gold nipples/black rims
Polished hubs/silver spokes/brass nipples/silver rims
PIMP THAT RIDE, BAYBEE! Black and gold! And you need Playboy Bunny valve caps!

Oh yeah,

FBB

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BarryG said:
Steve, can you post a pic of the painted frame?
Barry,
I will try. My scanner isn't playing well with Linux, and I don't have a digi.....However, I might be able to work something out by the end of the day.

Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts