Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
There's been a thread up on WW since last Friday.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
weight weenies

·
Registered
91 Posts
Saw this on bikerumour today and checked out the kickstarter page.... I'm notoriously skeptical, but the weight, rim profile and ceramic coating all look good to me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-fastest-aluminum-bicycle-wheels/description

Paid 53 days ago and no wheels just lies about sending them.

Do not trust Bellezza Aforce Al33
The rim coating eats the original
Pads very very fast. November wheels are recommending the bxp flash pro pads.
I had the wheels built by prowheelbuilder and they are a dream. Except for the braking surface which I find that eats the pads way too fast.
I'm changing to a different brand and see how that works.
Nothing else negative about the wheels. They corner like champs and are stiff. I have put probably 1k miles on them.
They are legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there

Mods Deleted the threads as I had review in the details

Paypal have just done the Credit. Just dont want others ripped off

·
Registered
172 Posts
The AL33 rims are great. The wheels built by November are fantastic and have been absolutely bomb-proof for me. I believe I was one of Novembers first batch of wheels with the rims (November Dave may have to correct me on that).

With the "cermaic" coating, the rims do eat pads initially. But the wear rate does level out dramatically once the rims bed in. It took about a month (probably around 500 miles). I started out on ceramic pads and switched to the SwissStop BXP blue which have been wearing quite well.

I'm sorry that the OP has had so much problems from the European seller/builder. But if he is still interested in the rim, definitely contact November and get a set from them. Pre-sales communication from them is great and IMO post sales contact is great. They care about their customers and it shows.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,443 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have a policy to not buy anything related to Kickstarter since I got ripped off with the Taggio Pro pump head which was a total fail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts