Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have the Mavic 32 hole Powertap wheel, but I'm really looking for a better wheel set to ride with. Does anyone have any suggestions of what other rim's I can use my powertap sl with? I really hope to cut weight down and increase ride quality as much as I can. Originally I was hoping to switch over to the Zipp 303 since they now have a powertap version, but unfortunately it isn't a 32 hole hub.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
You can just buy the 303 rim, and have it laced to your hub, they also just came out with the pave version, which offers twice the impact resistance, and only 20ish grams more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just curious, not being a rim builder myself, is it ok to use my hub on the 303's. I have a 32 hole hub and I see the rear 700c's are only 24 hole. Will that cause a problem when I have my hub laced into them?

Thanks again

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Any rim

Any 32 hole rim would be fine, including Velocity Aerohead OC, MAVIC OP, DT, etc. You can't really get much below 400 gm for a clincher rim without getting into scary-light territory, so these rims would do the deed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts