Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems with both of my wheels being centered in the middle of the brakes. The front wheel I've taken off about a dozen times. Every time I take my bike home from college and have never had a problem and now i can't keep the left brake from rubbing on it. Same thing is happening on the rear wheel after I replaced a flat last weekend. Any advice on how to center everything up again??

Aleks

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
It's not the wheel, it's the brake. Center the wheel between the stays or fork blades, then adjust the brake and tighten it properly so it stays put.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
crazyquick23 said:
How would i go about doing that? I'm very mechanically inclined i just don't want to break my baby =)
Both the parktool and sheldonbrown.com websites have how to guides for brake adjustment. It's very simple, I don't think you'll have any problem if you have basic mechanical skills.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
When you install a wheel have the wheels on the ground in normal riding position. The axles must be fully seated in the dropouts. The rear wheel rim and tire should be centered between the chainstays and seatstays, The front rim and tire should be centered between the fork legs. Center the brakes on the rims and adjust the calipers per the instructions. Brake adjustments vary with types and brands.

Al

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
crazyquick23 said:
How would i go about doing that? I'm very mechanically inclined i just don't want to break my baby =)
Seriously, if you can't figure out how to center your brakes, you are certainly not "mechanically inclined", so stop lying to yourself.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.