Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched for the last hour and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a wheel set that is bombproof, mostly because i'm over 210 lbs. and will do all sorts of riding, from commuting, ie potholes and such, to some trail riding. I don't want to have to worry about getting them trued every other week.

As some of you know, I recently bought a redline conquest pro...rear spacing is 135mm...it's also got disc brakes.

Any suggestions?

1. extremely durable
2. disc brakes
3. 135 mm
4. 700c

Thanks!

Tyler

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
tydaddy said:
I've searched for the last hour and haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.
I'm looking for a wheel set that is bombproof, mostly because i'm over 210 lbs. and will do all sorts of riding, from commuting, ie potholes and such, to some trail riding. I don't want to have to worry about getting them trued every other week.
As some of you know, I recently bought a redline conquest pro...rear spacing is 135mm...it's also got disc brakes.
Any suggestions?
1. extremely durable
2. disc brakes
3. 135 mm
4. 700c
Thanks!
Tyler
Here ya go Tyler. RoadBikeReview partner store Bicycle Wheel Warehouse builds 700c disc brake wheels to any pricerange from XT hubs up to DT 190 Ceramics. Just choose your hub. Those CXP33 rims are very tough. Choose the brass nipple option, your hub and you're good to go. Chris at BWW makes great wheelsets - I've got four of them here (not all for me) including two sets for my cyclocross/dirt road/trail bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. unfortunately, after doing some more research, it seems that i have the '06 model, which has 130 mm rear spacing. ugh.

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
tydaddy said:
thanks. unfortunately, after doing some more research, it seems that i have the '06 model, which has 130 mm rear spacing. ugh.
130mm disc hubs? Ouch, they're like hens' teeth, no? :eek: I wonder if anyone's spread the rear end for a 135 hub. I'll bet they have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, from what i've read, it's much easier/safer to do with a steel frame like the propad...not so good on an aluminum frame.

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
tydaddy said:
yea, from what i've read, it's much easier/safer to do with a steel frame like the propad...not so good on an aluminum frame.
Oh yeah (ouch x2) that Redline will be alum won't it? I forgot what you had. Do you know of any 130 disc hubs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
american classic, velocity, and chris king...the chris king is a universal which can apparently be modified to fit a 130...

i'm new to all of this, and really just want a super strong wheel. i don't care if it weights 10 lbs...lol obviously the cheaper the better! ok...well that might be a little heavy :)

·
Wheel Builder
133 Posts
If you're 100% certain your frame is the 130mm rear OLD model, there's very few options. It's not a great suggestion, but it popped in my head, shimano XT disc hubs tend to vary a little bit sometimes in their OLD. If someone took the time with a ruler and sifted through a box of hubs, they might be able to come up with one measured at 133, maybe.

But if so, now you're talking 3mm, which might work.

I rarely recommend possible solutions that use known incompatible parts, but this is a case where there are possibly very few known compatible parts.

Good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I need to replace my skewers (bent the front lever) on my '08 Redline Conquest Pro with the stock Ritchey wheels. The rear accepts a 135 mm skewer, correct? The front will take a 100mm? I'm incompetent in the shop and would suffer if I had to cut them down. Thanks!

Maybe Salsas or Crank Brothers?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts