Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don;t know if I am missing soething here or what...
My Amercan Classic Victory 30's just came. hooray?

From the American Classic website (see bold):

Victory 30mm Aluminum Rims 700c
AC Bladed Spokes Black
AC Aluminum Nipples Silver
18h Radial Front, 24h 3-Cross Rear
Cromoly QR’s

From Glory Cycles website (see bold):

New to the AC line in 2009 the deep section Victory 30 wheels allow every rider to have the opportunity to ride American Classic. Use these as Race/Train combo wheels they are bullet proof and fast. Look good too.

They are an ideal balance between strength, weight, and performance.

Aerodynamic features include the 30mm deep rim, bladed spokes and low spoke count.

A good choice for large riders.

Machined braking surface with no hidden nipples or unusual spokes. Reliable, fast and smooth. Newly improved sturdier hubs and bearings for increased durability.

Modern new graphics and all the AC technology are an excellent value at a mid range price point.

Victory 30mm Deep Aluminum Clincher

So, I was expecting 30mm rims, but maybe I assume something I don't know.

The sidewall of the wheel isclearly marked as such:

Aluminum
ERD 700C 590
Rim Depth 24mm
AMCLASSIC.COM

Since when does 24mm equate 30mm?

HELP

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
JohnHenry said:
I don;t know if I am missing soething here or what...
My Amercan Classic Victory 30's just came. hooray?

From the American Classic website (see bold):

Victory 30mm Aluminum Rims 700c
AC Bladed Spokes Black
AC Aluminum Nipples Silver
18h Radial Front, 24h 3-Cross Rear
Cromoly QR’s

From Glory Cycles website (see bold):

New to the AC line in 2009 the deep section Victory 30 wheels allow every rider to have the opportunity to ride American Classic. Use these as Race/Train combo wheels they are bullet proof and fast. Look good too.

They are an ideal balance between strength, weight, and performance.

Aerodynamic features include the 30mm deep rim, bladed spokes and low spoke count.

A good choice for large riders.

Machined braking surface with no hidden nipples or unusual spokes. Reliable, fast and smooth. Newly improved sturdier hubs and bearings for increased durability.

Modern new graphics and all the AC technology are an excellent value at a mid range price point.

Victory 30mm Deep Aluminum Clincher

So, I was expecting 30mm rims, but maybe I assume something I don't know.

The sidewall of the wheel isclearly marked as such:

Aluminum
ERD 700C 590
Rim Depth 24mm
AMCLASSIC.COM

Since when does 24mm equate 30mm?

HELP
The Victory was to have 24mm.

Did I get the Victory 30 with Victory rims?

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
If they say Victory 30 on them, yes. If not, then no. From the sounds of it, the regular victory wheels are 24mm. It might have been a shipping error. Contact the retailer.

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. I was inspecting the wheels and found a small chip/nick on a wheel.

Should I send these back or is this a non-issue?

sorry if the pics are a little blurry.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Don't think that will be an issue if it is not a sharp edge (can't tell from picture). If you are a perfectionist send them back otherwise just make sure no sharp edge that could poke a hole.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
looks like you were sent the wrong wheelset - the 24s and not the 30s (Victory comes in both). Definitely get the 30s - deeper, stronger rim etc.

·
TFI Friday
70 Posts
That looks like a 30mm rim from the picture. they're pretty deep. You try measuring it? The difference between 24 and 30mm is big enough to see on a ruler.

That little scratch is right on top of the clincher bead.... it ain't gonna do nothing.

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pisteur said:
That looks like a 30mm rim from the picture. they're pretty deep. You try measuring it? The difference between 24 and 30mm is big enough to see on a ruler.

That little scratch is right on top of the clincher bead.... it ain't gonna do nothing.
lol.
Thank you. I did actually manage to put 2 + 2 together and measure the rims. They are 30mm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts