Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new set of wheels for my bike, I only weigh 130lbs. so they don't have to be beastly. I don't want to spend more than $400, I would prefer something light, although 50g. either way is not going to make that much of a difference on my bike. Also, as frivolous as it may be, I would like a wheel set that looks good.

Thanks,
Kealer

· A wheelist
11,689 Posts
Kealer said:
I'm looking for a new set of wheels for my bike, I only weigh 130lbs. so they don't have to be beastly. I don't want to spend more than $400, I would prefer something light, although 50g. either way is not going to make that much of a difference on my bike. Also, as frivolous as it may be, I would like a wheel set that looks good.
Thanks,
Kealer
You don't say what you want to do with them but what the heck; these wheels will do almost anything -
DuraAce.
Open Pro
28/32 DT Revs
Aluminum nipples
$390

http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=47

· Registered
217 Posts
Neuvation R28 SL5

I have these wheels and really like them. 1470grams and $330 bucks for the set. Great Deal. I'm a light rider as well (145lb). I did remove some of the ugly stickers though. Just click on the banner above to go to Neuvation's website. Good customer service as well.

· Registered
1,037 Posts
ssing20 said:
I have these wheels and really like them. 1470grams and $330 bucks for the set. Great Deal. I'm a light rider as well (145lb). I did remove some of the ugly stickers though. Just click on the banner above to go to Neuvation's website. Good customer service as well.
+1. Excellent choice.

http://www.rolwheels.com/2008-Wheels/ROL-Volant.html
Take a look at these as they are also highly rated and within your price range.

http://williamscycling.com/
A little pricier than you specified but very excellent wheels. Look at System 19's.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
At 130 pounds, Dura Ace or Ultegra, 28/28 will be fine. Open Pro black or CD would look nice. 15/16 front and back, 2X front, 3X back.

· Registered
10 Posts
I am 145lbs and have both Ksyrium sl's and Dt Swiss RR1450. Picked up the Dt's used in your price range $400, I don't think they had been ridden. Ksyriums came as a hand me down from a 180lb rider who rode them 4 years and they are still holding up very well. If you have the time search for the right used set. I like both wheels. Both are good on climbs and sprints and comfortable for 100 milers. Both have bladed spokes. I prefer the Dt's because they are not as affected by cross wind and can be rebuilt with parts that are readily available; whereas everything on the Mavic's is proprietary. The Ksyriums are more eye catching though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.