Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys use for removing wheels on the road in the case of a flat? anything light, compact?

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
sears (gear wrench) stubby 15 (not ratcheting, it has no switch)... or a 6mm allen depending on your hubs

·
Life Coach
2,523 Posts
I use a stubby Craftsman now, which I love with all my heart, but I've got a Trixie coming from Universalcycles that I'm very curious about.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Val_Garou said:
I use a stubby Craftsman now, which I love with all my heart, but I've got a Trixie coming from Universalcycles that I'm very curious about.
We got the Trixie in the shop but I decided to keep the neat little stubby 15mm combo that I got from an auto supply for cheap. Fits in a nice, compact seat pack.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Richard said:
We got the Trixie in the shop but I decided to keep the neat little stubby 15mm combo that I got from an auto supply for cheap. Fits in a nice, compact seat pack.
Sounds like what I use. One side is open end, the other a ratcheting box wrench.

·
Militant commuter
881 Posts
I use a Trixie and an old Sugino 15mm crankbolt socket with the sliding bar handle. Either fits handily into a seat bag or backpack/messenger bag.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I found a Craftsman 15mm in the middle of the road so for the coolness (to me) of using a found object I use that, however I think the Surly Jethro Tool is the best design.

·
hello
3,394 Posts
Sawed-off Craftsman 15mm closed end wrench.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
15mm stubby from sears with ratcheting box end. Fits nicely in the seatpack.

·
Master debator.
8,777 Posts
Cheapo 15mm open/box end wrench. I carry it in my rear pocket, I have wondered what would happen if I went over the bars for some reason. I bet it'd skewer a kidney pretty good... I keep toying with the idea of mounting it on the bike somewhere with zip ties, maybe an opposing set on the front fork like an OCC motorcycle. How cool would that be!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts