Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about 6' and about 205-210. I currently have an 05 Felt F55 with Easton Vista SL wheels. I am wondering if (a) they're right for me and (b) maybe there's a better set as well as a set that's stronger for me.

Other than the sure-to-be-incoming "lose weight" comment, has anyone educated ideas on things that worked for them?

Just curious. Input is welcomed as always!

Thx

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have both Easton Circuits and Orion IIs. Both have been great. The Orions blew a spoke after I nicked it with the chain. Not the wheel's fault. The Vistas are smilar to Cicuits but with a J bend spoke. I'd guess they'd be very good as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Strong set

I am a heavier guy like you and I ride a Felt F80. I ditched my stock Felt hub/Alex rim setup. I went with, after doing weeks of research about big guy wheel sets, Ultegra hubs/Mavic Open Pro rims. Solid set up and so far no maintenance required! Not the most aero rim out there but hey I couldn't hold 30mph if I had to.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
If you want something stronger, look at Velocity Deep Vs

or Mavic CXP33s. 32 hole front and rear or a 36 in the rear. I have a set of 28 hole Deep Vs and a set of CXP 30s, the predecessor to the 33, both laced to Dura Ace 7700 hubs, you can't beat them for strength.
BTW, I am 6' too and was at 227 three years ago when I got back to cycling. I am now a steady 175 and ride 5 days a week. Yes, riding does take the weight off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts