Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my rear wheel is out of true. This is on a new bike. Trek 1600, I'm 5-10 and 190 lbs. Does this mean that I need better/stronger wheels... Dont have the $ at this point...Does this bike come with poor stock wheels/tires?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Every wheelset is going to fall out of true sooner or later, no matter what the price range. Ask a bike shop for a quote on trueing the wheels- you might be suprised on how reasonable it can be. Some bikes are sold with a free adjustment / tune-up within a year. Check with the shop which sold it to you. Or read up on doing it yourself. Side-to-side truing is pretty easy to do, and it doesn't have to be perfect to work well.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Not surprised.

Since it's a new bike the dealer should true and tension the wheels and spokes at no cost to you. This is a very common problem with new bikes. The wheels on my wife's Trek when brand new were way out of whack, very uneven tension.

Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.