Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am riding and loving my Bianchi infinito ultegra but I am thinking that sometime in the near future I would like to upgrade my wheels.

What would anyone recommend if i wanted to spend around $500 -v- $750? Or do I need to look at paying more to get something that I would really notice a difference.

If it matters, I am 153 lbs and 5' 10"

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
If I was riding ShimaNO still, I would be on R46 wheels. They were awesome wheels. I borrowed a pair from Sylint while I was in Little Rock and didn't want to give them back.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I am riding and loving my Bianchi infinito ultegra but I am thinking that sometime in the near future I would like to upgrade my wheels.

What would anyone recommend if i wanted to spend around $500 -v- $750? Or do I need to look at paying more to get something that I would really notice a difference. If it matters, I am 153 lbs and 5' 10"
I assume that you ride the stock Fulcrum Racing7 wheelset @ 1950g
Fulcrum Racing 7 - Competitive Cyclist

Take a look at the Fulcrum Racing3 2-Way Fit @ 1590g
on Sale $750.00

Fulcrum Racing 3 2-Way Fit - Competitive Cyclist

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seconding the Fulcrum Racing 3 hops. Excellent bearings, very stiff, and understated aesthetics.

If you're running Campagnolo, they're lighter by 45g-50g than the Shimano/SRAM-splined version. Mine weighed 1500g flat, without skewers.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I'm kind of liking the ROL Race SL. $625, 1555 gr weight, and 23 mm rim width.
Race SL - Alloy Clincher Wheelsets - ROL Bicycle Wheels - ROL Wheels

Then, lets not forget the WilliamsCycling System 30s. $550, 1495 gr, but 19 mm rim width.
Williams System 30 Alloy Clincher Wheelset
I have a set of these. I'm trying to think of a bad thing to say about them........
.............still thinking
................still nothing
.................drawin' a blank here
...........wait for it..........
Oh, they did not have reflective decals for riding at night. Yeah, that's the worst thing I could come up with

Then you could "make your own" at Bicycle Wheel Warehouse.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

What would anyone recommend if i wanted to spend around $500 -v- $750? Or do I need to look at paying more to get something that I would really notice a difference.

If it matters, I am 153 lbs and 5' 10"
Weight matters buying wheels as many have a weight limit. At 153, you can get whatever your budget allows or for the type of riding you do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.