Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just weighed my wheelset which includes a power tap rear hub and it weighs about 6.4lbs. Maybe I have been looking at the weight weenies forum to long but does that seem really heavy? This includes tires, skewers, and tubes. Wheelset is Zefiro 50mm carbon with alum. braking.

Thanks guys

·
Larry Lackapants
698 Posts
well since u have the power-tap hub on...
I'm on 2 kg wheels all the time (weighed w normal hubs, no tires, no QR) and fell pretty happy with them. Also I like to hammer it when the roads get rough.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
weight weenies typically post a wheel weight as hubs + spokes + rim.
No QRs, cassette, rim strips or rubber include. No speedometer magnet either. That would add 4 grams.

A PT SL hub on a 450 or so gram rim will get you a rear wheel in the 1000 gram range with no QR, cassette, rim strips or rubber.

·
Banned
664 Posts
cyclingfiend21 said:
I just weighed my wheelset which includes a power tap rear hub and it weighs about 6.4lbs. Maybe I have been looking at the weight weenies forum to long but does that seem really heavy? This includes tires, skewers, and tubes. Wheelset is Zefiro 50mm carbon with alum. braking.

Thanks guys

Doesnt seem to bad my Bonty carbons are 5lbs all in. I assume you use them for training so the extra pound or so shouldnt matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.