Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,337 Posts
Mike T. said:
Build 'em yourself. Necessity is the mother of invention.
All it takes is good parts-the right tools, and lots of patience. My 1st set I built in one afternoon, and tensioned the next---boom 2 day wheel service---and yes, years later they are still as tight and true as ever.....despite T-boning a massive German Shepard at speed (doggy fine, wheels fine-maybe a little hop to true out, bike mostly fine).

·
Registered
2 Posts
wheelbuilder.com

Hey Psychler,

If you're looking for a quick turnaround on a custom-built wheelset, check us out: wheelbuilder.com.

We're in the LA area, but most of what we build gets shipped out of our shop via FedEx. We typically turn custom-built wheelsets around in about a week; two weeks if we need to order exotic parts.

Search us on this forum, users on this site have said kind things about us.

Check out our full-page ad on p. 109 of the TdF issue of VeloNews.

-Vikki

·
Registered
902 Posts
vikki.appel said:
If you're looking for a quick turnaround on a custom-built wheelset, check us out: wheelbuilder.com.
Vikki,

While I am not in quite as big a hurry as the OP, I was curious to know if wheelbuilder.com can get Edge Composites carbon clincher rims and build a wheelset with customer supplied hubs? I ask because I two sets of Easton Tempest II clinchers that have been used as training wheels over the past 2-years but recently both sets have developed a stress riser on the rear rims. Rather than rebuild the wheel with an alloy rim, I was hoping to use the Easton hubs - Easton R3 hubs which use twin threaded spokes (18F/20R) to build a new wheelset based with Edge Composites 66mm carbon clincher rim for dual use as a training and weekly crit racing wheelset?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Edge Composites at Wheelbuilder.com

Hi Michael,

It's no problem for us to build with customer-supplied hubs. Unfortunately the Edge Composites deep carbon clinchers currently only come with 16,20,24,28 hole-counts, so your 18H hub won't work. We'd be happy to build the front with a different hub.

Unfortunately, Reynolds doesn't offer an 18H; Blackwell doesn't offer a 20H.

If you definitely want to use both of those hubs, rims to consider would be Zipp or Flash-Point.

Thanks for the post,
Vikki

·
Registered
838 Posts
vikki.appel said:
Unfortunately the Edge Composites deep carbon clinchers currently only come with 16,20,24,28 hole-counts, so your 18H hub won't work.
Edge does offer the 38mm rim in a 18h but does not have 18h in the 68's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.