Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have in stock some DT Revolution spokes, lenght fine to build a 28 holes disk brake wheelset, 2 cross laced.

I built some normal rim-brakes wheelset with DT Revolution without problem, but with disk brake, 2 cross option (disk torque?) and 28 spokes, I'm not sure if the wheelset will be reliable.

Has anyone tried similar setup?

Thanks, Paolo.

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
Hi,
I have in stock some DT Revolution spokes, lenght fine to build a 28 holes disk brake wheelset, 2 cross laced.

I built some normal rim-brakes wheelset with DT Revolution without problem, but with disk brake, 2 cross option (disk torque?) and 28 spokes, I'm not sure if the wheelset will be reliable.

Has anyone tried similar setup?

Thanks, Paolo.
Depends on the rim, rider weight, and terrain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct,

Road/ "light" gravel wheelset, DT Swiss R460 db rims (18mm inner, 23mm outer width), Shimano CX 75 Hubs.
Rider weight 75kg.

Thanks, Paolo

·
wheelbuilder
2,220 Posts
It's right on the edge of my comfort zone. It could work, but I would use heavier spokes for the right, rear and the left, front sides if it were me. I assume you will be using bigger tires so that helps.

Be sure to check the tension after you install tires. The tension drops and you want to have the ideal tension with this build if it is to be durable. I would go for 120kgf right, rear and left, front.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok,
a "mixed" spokes setup was an option in my mind.
Now I think it will be my choice...

Thanks,
Paolo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts