Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Just one more switchback
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a set of Bontrager X-Lite's and a set of X-Lite Aero's. I like both but am looking for something a little lighter and hopefully stiffer. I have not noticed any flexing with these wheels but I am sure they are flexing some. I weigh 128lbs and race Masters 35+ mostly but also the occasional Cat 4. I have been thinking about some Ksyeriums (I raced a set today and liked them) but have also thought about handbuilt wheels from someone like Ligero.

Are the Kyseriums stiffer than the X-lite's? How would a set of 1300gram wheels compare in stiffness to Ksyeriums or X-Lites's

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
My car got towed before yesterday's race, with my wheels inside, so I had to borrow a wheel from a guy about your size. 24h DA front hub, IRD Cadence rims, Revos. It was stinking light, and I was pretty impressed with it stiffness - not the 32h Record/OP I'm used to, but still pretty good. I don't know what a 24/28 pair of DA hubs laced to Cadence rims would come out to, all said and done, but it can't be very much - definitely a lot less than Ksyriums, and a whole lot cheaper!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts