Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience either with the Wheels Maufacturing Accelerator 10 cassette or the American Classic Campy 10 Cassette? Both cassettes are designed to convert a Shimano-splined freehub to a Campy 10 drivetrain. If so, how is the shifting and durability? I would probably use an 11/23 and would use it on a Neutron as my standard training and road race/crit wheel. I have a line on that new rear Neutron wheel for $200, but it is Shimano splined, not Campy. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The AC conversion cassette works really well. I've heard good things about the WM version as well.

You could also buy a campy freehub and swap-out the Shimano splined freehub and Ebay it. That would run you about $70- minus what you get for the freehub.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
I'm starting my third season and have about 2,000 miles on one of my bikes with the American Classic conversion cassette. It's worked flawlessly. Shifts well. All steel so durability isn't a problem. Works just like a campy cassette, I can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
127 Posts
dawgcatching said:
Anyone have experience either with the Wheels Maufacturing Accelerator 10 cassette or the American Classic Campy 10 Cassette? Both cassettes are designed to convert a Shimano-splined freehub to a Campy 10 drivetrain. If so, how is the shifting and durability? I would probably use an 11/23 and would use it on a Neutron as my standard training and road race/crit wheel. I have a line on that new rear Neutron wheel for $200, but it is Shimano splined, not Campy. Thanks!
I've run a Wheels 11-25 on Mavic Ksyrium SL's for over 3,000 miles. Shifts as good as when installed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the 9 speed version. Seems to shift well, although I have only put it through its paces on the stand. Quality seems to be excellent. And I got it off eBay for $20. Can't beat that.

·
Juanmoretime
2,201 Posts
I have a WM Dura Ace 11-23 that I used for only one test ride of 40 miles. It worked awesome and only weighed 174 grams including lockring. I paid over $200 for it and would sell it to you for $150 shipped. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
euro-trash said:
You could also buy a campy freehub and swap-out the Shimano splined freehub and Ebay it. That would run you about $70- minus what you get for the freehub.
Duh-what was I thinking? I even have a spare Chorus freehub laying around. Probably a better option too, as I already have enough cassettes! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i have used both

wheels mgf worked noticably better. you may be able to swap the hub--on my hweels that requires re-dishing the wheel.
good luck
jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts