1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,025 Posts
How do you define performance?
Average speed over long distances?
Sprinting up short steep hills?
Cranking up long gradual hills?

Are you looking for a lighter wheel or more aero wheel?
Why do you want to just replace the front wheel instead of the rear?
Why not save up and get a complete wheelset?

For $250 you could get a good wheel or you could get a brick of a wheel that's heavier than what you have now.

I suggest taking the tire and tube off your wheel and weigh it before you start shopping around.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i am a totally new biker, sorry to ask too many non specific questions. I want something that is lighter or sprint faster, I know my body is the main drive force. But i always think the stock wheels are some basic rolling wheels. May be something less wind drag/aerodynamics.... I want front only because of budget and and i see front has more wind drag... ? Not sure :) Thanks again..

·
Registered
23,025 Posts
How long have you been riding? I suggest riding more and as you do so you'll get a better feel for what you want and your questions will become more specific.

The wheels on your bike are heavy. Probably some compound of lead and concrete. (My GF was looking at the Newest 1.0 so I know) Replacing the wheels would be a great upgrade. But as I said above, save up and get a complete wheelset. For an extra $130 you could have a set of these and save over 1.5lbs.
PURE Race

·
Registered
484 Posts
Honestly, just ride. You're not going to think to yourself "wow, this is way more fun with this new front wheel" while you're riding. If you are beginning to think about aerodynamics, that means you are progressing. Begin working on your body positioning, this will have way more benefit than a front wheel. You can always get some spandex and a tighter fitting jersey if you aren't wearing that already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.