Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have 2 wheelsets, three bikes and a dilemma. 1980 centurion super le mans converted to single speed with re spaced axle and bmx freewheel, new tires on 27" suzue hubs and araya rims, my current daily ride. 1985 trek 400 awesome deal at the bike kitchen, re built with new parts. 70's gitane, probably the mixed tube entry level race frame, a craigslist find, just a cool bike.

The wheelsets I have are; used but nice shimano 600 hubs w/ Campy rims, single speed spacer kit. brand new formula hubs and alex 450 rims. I also have the original centurion wheels.

Does anyone know the relative quality of these wheels? The campy rims are omega 18. I tried to search but was hoping someone had direct experience.

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
600/Campy are gonna be pretty good wheels, provided they are not trashed and the rims not worn out.

formula- with sealed bearings- is a good budget yet quality FG/SS hub... have heard mixed things about the Alex rims, prob ok if built well tho

hard to say anything about the centurion wheels with no info

suzue hubs can range from caca (loose ball) to high end trackie (disco etc)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.