Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a reasonably priced wheelset for my new Roubaix Pro. Current candidates are the Easton EA70, Velocity Deep V and the Rol Volant. I really like the Velomax Circuits on my '04 Roubaix, hence I include the EA70s in the mix. I'm a recreational rider for the most part and weigh in at 175 give or take. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
342 Posts
this isn't going to answer your question but.....I've been riding an 03 Allez with Ksyrium SL's. I just bought a 2010 Roubaix Expert and put DuraAce 7850 CL's on it.....soooo smooth and compliant. I won't miss the stiffness of the SL's at all!

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
I only have experience with the EA-70's and would recommend them in a heartbeat. Refined feel, stayed true since day one and offer a good balance of weight/ performance/ durability/ cost, IMHO.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PJ352 said:
I only have experience with the EA-70's and would recommend them in a heartbeat. Refined feel, stayed true since day one and offer a good balance of weight/ performance/ durability/ cost, IMHO.
That pretty much sums up my feelings on the Circuits. Always felt predictable and solid. I assume the EA 70 is essentially the same wheel or at least very close?

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
mick wolfe said:
That pretty much sums up my feelings on the Circuits. Always felt predictable and solid. I assume the EA 70 is essentially the same wheel or at least very close?
AFAIK it's the next generation of the Circuits. In fact, I was originally going to purchase them, but by the time I did they were renamed EA-70's.

I don't know what your timeframe is, but Nashbar has the wheelset for $500. I have a coupon code for 25% off thru 7/30 if you're interested.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I went custom on my Roubaix Pro. White Industries hubs, Kinlin XR-300 rims and DT Comp spokes (24/28). Not fancy, but reliable and decent weight- right around 1530g. About 2000 miles on them so far and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Easton EA70's or give the Dura Ace 7850 SL a try, it's tubeless or clincher, great hubs, and can be found online for very good price. They really make for a nice, smooth, ride. And the roll and roll, and keep rolling.

·
WillsDad
42 Posts
Easton EA90 Aeros on mine

Picked up a set of new EA90 Aeros in the $500 range on ebay. Really like them. Smooth hubs and a relatively stiff for a low spoke count wheel (18 front; 24 rear)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts