Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I am 220lbs, somewhat muscular @ six feet tall.

I acquired a new bike last year and put on Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels - taken off a new bike - which I got a deal on through Craigslist. The 3's are a relatively light weight wheelset - 16/21spokes, 25mm rim height - but wow have they performed. I'm not saying the overbuilt wheel thing is bunk. I have had hand built wheels in the past, but I put a ton of miles on my Fulcrum's...mashing, spinning, grinding from way behind the BB, jumping small curbs, hitting the occasional east coast pothole... they are bulletproof. I guess all it takes is one good experience because I would consider a Fulcrum product for my next set of wheels.

I'm selling a bike which came with Fulcrum racing Quattro and thinking about selling the bike sans wheels and keeping those as winter wheels.

270 is quite a bit more and you may require 24/28 spoke wheels with deeper sturdier rims, but just wanted to use this thread to share my very positive experience with a factory build wheel that on paper is under-built for my weight and riding style. Hand built guys, don't flame me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts