Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a heavy duty road bike so I decided on a cyclocross and the fuji cross pro '05 is looking really good to me and it fits really well. my concern is that the wheels seem to be kind of low end and I am going to be putting 60 miles of city traffic on them a week as well as 60 to 70 over the road miles....
from the information below can anyone tell me if I should get them swapped when I buy the bike or are there specific parts I should get ride of...I'm not that knowledgable about this stuff so I would love for everyone here to chime in...
I do plan to jump my share of curbs and I will probably be encountering my fair share of potholes

Front hub Formula Sealed Road, 32H

Rear hub Formula Sealed Road, 32H

Spokes Double butted stainless

Rims Alex G-2000, 32H w/CNC Sidewalls

Tires Ritchey SpeedMax Cross, 700 x 32c

Tube CST SuperLite Presta

any advise to what I should look for in a wheelset if you think I should replace it...

thanks beforehand

·
ProtoJ
85 Posts
I have the perfect wheels for you

In my opinon, the wheels that your bike come with do sound very low end and will probably work, but will require frequent truing. My suggestion would be to keep the wheels as spares, or to sell them on this forum. I actually have some tough wheels for sale. I have a set of Shimano Ultegra, brand new, un ridden, w/ road tires. These wheels would be perfect for cross and road. The rims are a semi aero shape and the spoke tension is very high. These wheels are designed for abuse and came stock on my specialized Roubaix....which is designed for rough roads. You can check them out under the classifieds for $390. Another good choice would be easton circuits or 32-36 spoke Mavic open pros with ultegra or dura-ace hubs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.