Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
RoadBikeReview Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone has a conversion (scale reading -to- tension) for Wheelsmith Tension Meter with Sapim CX-ray spokes.

I am taking measurement with the stops resting on the "flat" part of the CX-ray spokes. I think that is correct way ... ???

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Wheelsmith tensiometer calibration

tmluk said:
Does anyone has a conversion (scale reading -to- tension) for Wheelsmith Tension Meter with Sapim CX-ray spokes.

I am taking measurement with the stops resting on the "flat" part of the CX-ray spokes. I think that is correct way ... ???

Thanks.
Unfortunately, even if someone did have calibration chart for CX-Ray spokes, it would do you any good. Each tensiometer has to be individually calibrated, so no two tensiometers have the same calibration chart.

If you want to use your Wheelsmith Tensiometer for these spokes, you'll have to send it back to Wheelsmith for recalibration. The last I spoke with them (several years ago), they did not yet include super ovalized spokes (like the Wheelsmith XE14, Sapim CX-Ray, XE14 or DT Aerolite) in their calibration chart, but they said they were going to be adding them in the future. Perhaps they have by now.

Alternately, you buy or borrow a Park TM-1 Tensiometer, which does include several super ovalized spokes in their calibration chart.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.